Our multi-discipline engineering consultants are here to solve the most complex aspects of your project.
Team members from each engineering discipline work together to find the project design solutions to your unique challenges.
Collaborate with a Multi-Discipline Engineering Team
- process engineering
- civil structural engineering
- electrical engineering
- instrumentation and controls engineering
- mechanical engineering
- piping engineering
Working with Vista means you’ll enjoy the benefits of enhanced project collaboration via a single-source-of-truth data portal.
Our truth-based industrial engineering execution model has many proven advantages. It gives all internal and external project stakeholders on-demand access to accurate and verifiable information about your asset. This extends to future suppliers and operators throughout your asset’s lifecycle.
Consult with an Expert
Core Disciplines Working Together
To ensure you get a fit-for-purpose project design, our systems engineering experts work collaboratively with your teams. Our professionally accredited engineering disciplines work within a digital engineering environment to streamline project management activities.
Our unique execution model compresses your project execution timeline and prevent costly errors before its too late. It’s all made possible with our data-centric approach to project and asset management.
Our process engineering group provides an in-depth working knowledge of multiple process systems and simulation software. Common deliverables for the process team include:
- preparation and approval of project-specific design documentation
- preparation and review of PFDs, P&IDs, DTs, datasheets, design calculations, etc.
- application of a professional engineering stamp, as required
Civil Structural Engineering
Our civil structural engineering group performs many tasks in collaboration with other disciplines. The civil structural team’s responsibilities include the following tasks.
- Preparing loading and load combinations based on the applicable codes and standards
- Coordinating shop-drawing reviews for structural adequacy and accordance with issued for construction (IFC) structural drawings
- Checking complex structural engineering designs, including:
- rack structure supports
- structural foundation drawings
- main structural frames
- secondary steel frames, platforms, and access
- architectural plan drawings
- load foundation calculations
Our electrical engineering group applies extensive knowledge in CEC and international codes, standards and approved codes of practice for every project. Our team independently prepares or reviews electrical transient analyzer program (ETAP) or software development kits (SDK) models.
The electrical team’s responsibilities include:
- drawing packages
- single-line diagrams (SLDs)
- area classifications
- electrical layouts
- voltage drop calculations
- demand load calculations
- JB wiring diagrams
- motor and variable frequency drive (VFD) schematics
- cable schedules and cable tray fill calculations
- electrical heat tracing (EHT) calculations and isometrics
Instrumentation and Controls Engineering
Our instrumentation and controls engineering team prepares P&ID inputs and oversees instrument selection. The I&C group is also responsible for developing and reviewing instrument indexes, instrument datasheets, and inline instrument sizing.
Other common I&C deliverables include preparing:
- I/O count and assignments
- instrument loop diagrams
- instrument UPS load requirements lists
- cable schedule inputs
- junction box termination drawings
- control philosophies or narratives
Our mechanical engineering group applies extensive working knowledge of most equipment types. The team will review a variety of design characteristics from a mechanical standpoint, including:
- equipment drawings
- general arrangement drawings
Our mechanical engineers work closely with other engineering disciplines throughout the project cycle. They take a collaborative approach to prepare and review deliverables in accordance with industry and client codes and standards. This includes equipment data sheets, lists, packages, and drawings.
The team is also responsible for preparing and reviewing specifications for mechanical systems and materials, technical selection, and equipment evaluation.
The piping engineering group encompasses materials and stress engineering as well as metallurgy. Common deliverables include developing and stamping new and existing line class specifications, preparing stress calculations, and defining piping and equipment metallurgies.
Project Engineering Services
No matter the stage of your project, we have you covered, from studies through to construction support.
- Preliminary Front-End Engineering Design (pre-FEED)
- Front-End Engineering Design (FEED)
- Detailed Engineering (DE)
Engineering studies are often required in the early stages of project design. This allows teams to optimize specifications and address the unique challenges associated with a project. For example, we conducted a study for Natural Resources Canada. Our early engineering evaluation included recommendations for strategic locations and costs related to petroleum bulk storage facilities.
With the goal of the most cost-effective solution, we explore all the options when conducting an engineering study. Among other aspects, our reviews include:
- process technologies
- alternate process design schemes
- utilization of existing plant facilities
- alternative construction materials or techniques
- scheduling options
Our project engineering consultants are detailed oriented and have experience with some of the most successful processing facilities in North America. We can help solve the challenges you face in any of the following global energy and industrial markets.
Let’s Talk About Your Project Engineering Needs
Join Our Team with a Career in Multi-Discipline Engineering
Our engineering roles are also categorized by experience with discipline-specific jobs offered at each competency level. Please click below to view the multi-discipline engineering job descriptions and apply for future opportunities within your area of expertise.