Vista’s occupational health and safety program extends beyond a written policy; it is a vital part of our culture promoted by a 24/7 safety outlook that encourages everyone to think about safety at the office, in the field, and at home.
Our people – employees, subcontractors and agency staff – are the foundation of everything we do. Their safety is in our hands and we owe it to them to provide a safe working environment. We take great measures to ensure our work environment is caring and safe.
Our people regularly participate in safety training, with field staff completing comprehensive training specific to their work prior to heading into the field. Meeting the standards of a regular independent evaluation and maintenance audits, Vista’s program maintains a Workplace Safety Certificate of Recognition.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) protection is a core value at Vista. We always aim to operate a safe, healthy, and environmentally friendly business. Vista supports the right of all personnel to work in a safe and healthy work environment and will take all reasonable steps to consistently uphold this value.
- Integrating safety in the design process
- Encouraging environmentally friendly designs and the reduction of each project’s environmental footprint
- Identifying, evaluating, and minimizing risk exposures
- Utilizing regular review mechanisms
- Practicing continuous improvement processes
- Complying with applicable industry standards and government legislative requirements
- Effectively implementing the HSE program
- Assigning clear HSE responsibilities to all personnel
- Communicating the HSE program to all personnel and concerned parties
- Equipping personnel with the resources and training to carry out their work effectively
- Integrating health and safety into our day-to-day activities
Related Blog Posts
These Halloween safety tips will help you and your loved ones have a safe and fun All Hallows’ Eve. So much can go wrong: weather darkness costumes open flames These factors could all contribute to an unfortunate Halloween safety incident. Did you know that children are almost twice more likely to be involved in a car […]
Safe Holiday Driving Tis the season to have fun and relax. Tis not the season to take chances on the road. Safe holiday driving is an important part of making it through the Christmas break without trouble. Wheels.ca has a helpful post offering several drinking and driving safety tips. Most of it is common sense […]
It’s that time of year again: plaid shirts, cowboy hats, and boots will be the uniform of choice for Calgarians and out-of-towners, and free pancakes and maple syrup will flow through the streets of Calgary! Happy Calgary Stampede, everyone! To help you stay safe through these rambunctious ten days, following is our top ten list – […]
Update: due to the devastating wildfires in northern Alberta, we’ve cancelled this contest and will instead contribute the prize value to the Canadian Red Cross. Thank you for your understanding. “I work safely because…” In celebration of North American Occupational Safety and Health (NAOSH) week, Vista Projects would like to give you the opportunity to win a $50.00 […]