Vista has a long history engineering some of the most successful facilities in the western Canadian energy sector. Our experience includes designing specialized processes to maximize a facility’s ability to generate power and additional steam through cogeneration assets.
Vista helps clients analyze their power needs to select one or more proven technologies and implement a cost-effective, fit-for-purpose solution. The Gas-Turbine-Generator (GTG) / Hybrid Once-Through-Steam-Generator (HOTSG) system is a fairly new system design.
Vista has designed two GTG-OSTG systems that provide flexibility and ensuring steady steam supply that is a prerequisite for industries reliant on steam supply (i.e. Enhanced Oil Recovery, SAGD).
Additionally, Vista has relationships with a variety power producers that can provide financing, ownership and operation depending on the end client’s preference.
- Ensures steady supply of electric (and steam) to facility, limiting risk of potential service interruptions.
- Protects or hedges against rising electricity prices.
- Introduction of renewables, retirement of coal and addition of new transmission capacity will pushes prices higher in short and long-term. Cogeneration will limit exposure to these rising costs
- More efficient use of facility bi-products (excess gas or heat) to generate electricity and extra steam (if required).
- Covert upfront capital costs to more manageable operational costs through optional take-out or power purchase agreements with Vista’s partners focused on power production. Vista’s partners will pay to build, operate and maintain power facilities.
Our expertise includes:
- Gas Turbine Generator (GTG) Sizing
- GTG – Once Through Steam Generator (OTSG) Packages
- GTG – Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) Packages
- Steam Generator (HRSG or OSTG) Sizing
- EPFC (Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication & Construction) Contracts