Job Title: Earthwork Civil Engineer Job Department: Civil and Structural EngineeringJob Location: Calgary, Alberta
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and Best Managed Companies, Vista Projects is a full-service engineering, procurement and project management company serving Western Canada’s oil sands and conventional oil and gas producers for over 30 years. Our continued growth comes from an experienced team of professionals who have an absolute commitment to providing our clients with exceptional service. We specialize in facility engineering design for thermal heavy oil (SAGD, CSS), enhanced oil recovery, and sustaining capital projects. Over the years, we have earned our reputation as a trusted leader in thermal energy projects, working on some of the most successful in-situ heavy oil projects in the oil sands.
Main Duties and Competencies
Reporting to the Civil & Structural Engineering Lead, the earthworks engineer will participate in the design of different aspects of oil and gas projects from inception to completion. Duties will include:
- Developing hydraulic design calculations for site drainage, ponds, and ditches
- Developing design drawings for rough and finish grading, roads, road crossings, & tank gravel pads
- Engineering calculation and details per AER for tank secondary containment
- Conducting technical reviews for LiDAR data and topo survey information to achieve optimum design
- Modifying existing site surface drainage according to as-built condition to meet the new brownfield design.
- Coordinating with design team to implement the survey data to create surface models and establishing plant coordinates.
- Overseeing the preparation of Civil 3D model, optimizing cut and fill volumes, engineering IFC drawings, and preparing construction work packages.
- Conducting technical bid evaluations for earthworks contractors and assist on selecting the successful bidders.
- Carrying geotechnical reviews and technical meetings with geotechnical firms, reviewing environmental assessments reports, and complying with AER/AEP requirements.
- Providing comprehensive design services by establishing design criteria and preparing of specifications and earthworks standard drawings in accordance with basic project requirements
- Participating in the model design reviews with clients and contractors to achieve the cost-effective design
- Reviewing and maintaining project schedules, engineering tasks and deliverables in conjunction with project management
- Providing technical guidance to junior staff
- Being able to meet safety requirements to attend site visits
- Performing other duties as requested
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive experience in engineering facilities and design in the oil and gas industry
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in engineering or applied science.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team including process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and piping engineers and designers
- P.Eng. registration with APEGA
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to work with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in the industry.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the most successful oil and gas projects in Western Canada;
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering;
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number;
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program;
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports;
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking;
- An organization that values and encourages diversity;
- Shareholder opportunities are a long-term potential for exceptional employees.
How To Apply
Note: As part of the interview process there will be a technical testing component which will take up to two hours and can be completed at home on your own timelines. Candidates may be required to complete a security clearance procedure prior to receiving an offer.
Last modification :07/18/2019