Job Title: Controls Analyst Job Department: Project ControlsJob Location: Calgary, AB
What Vista Does
Vista Projects is an integrated industrial engineering firm that helps clients navigate the digital transformation of their projects and operations. Our proven project execution process is based on a “Single source of truth (SSOT) refers to the practice of structuring information models and associated data schema such that every data ele...” model that eliminates the potential for inefficient engineering designs, cost overruns and project completion delays.
Why We Do It
We believe the world needs industrial projects and that intelligent engineering data can increase the likelihood of innovative solutions getting to market. Over the years, we have earned our reputation as a trusted industrial engineering partner, working on some of the most successful facility projects in the Canadian energy sector.
Where We Work
The benefits of our approach apply across several industrial markets, from biofuels and produced water treatment to gas processing and in-situ heavy oil. Our headquarters are in Calgary, Alberta.
What You Would Do in This Role
The Senior Project Finance Analyst is responsible for providing cost control, project change management, progress and performance, forecasting and reporting on multiple projects with focus on timeliness and accuracy. Reporting to the Lead of Project Controls, you will also be supporting the Project Manager and liaising as required with the client, engineering disciplines and project team members. Duties will include:
- Preparing EP Cost Reports and change management
- Spend Profile development and reporting
- Monitoring commitments, incurred and actual costs
- Maintaining work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Manpower reporting and updating forecasts
- Calculating Engineering Accruals and analysis of variances
- Setup and updating Timesheet codes and approved budgets
- Earned value management reporting
- Forecasting risk assessments
- Collaborate with other disciplines including Estimating, Supply Chain Management and Accounting
- Performing ad-hoc project analysis using Excel
- Managing large databases and generating reports
- Performing other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (commerce, engineering, or similar)
- Five to ten (5-10) years of direct project controls experience
- Previous Capital Projects experience
- Previous Project controls experience with cost reports, spend profiles and change management
- Strong understanding of project cost control fundamentals and best practices
- Exceptional MS Excel skills to analyze and interpret complex data and manage financial models
- Quality focused with acute attention to detail
- A self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of EcoSys and Excel Power Pivots
- Field and construction planning experience
- Graduate degree in a related field (commerce, engineering, or similar)
Why People Like Working with Us
Working with Vista is a chance to contribute to the type of challenging industrial projects that the world requires. If that doesn’t excite you, this role likely won’t be a fit.
Challenging projects require focus and we enable our people to do their best work with modernized project systems that are based on our leading use of intelligent A data-centric outlook is a core concept in digital project execution architecture where data is viewed as the most important and perpetual ... execution architecture. Our staff and clients like it because it gives them real-time access to validated data shared across all project departments. This fosters project design and business decisions based on a single, authoritative source of truth and provides increased transparency and collaboration with team members and clients, leading to improved engineering quality and a product we can all take pride in.
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to tackle challenging industrial projects with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in their disciplines.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the interesting industrial engineering projects;
- A robust and consistent recruitment process that ensures your colleagues are likeminded and comparably capable;
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering solutions;
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number;
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program;
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports;
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking;
- An organization that values and encourages diversity;
- Shareholder opportunities are a long-term potential for exceptional employees.
How to Apply
Note: As part of the hiring process there will be a technical testing component that will take up to two hours and can be completed at home on your own timelines. Candidates may be required to complete a security clearance procedure prior to receiving an offer.
Last modification: 07/01/2022