Vista Projects offers a variety civil/structural drafting & design job opportunities. The specifics of each civil/structural drafting & design role depend on the project and client requirements. When an opportunity with Vista becomes available, the details of each opening will be included in the job posting.
Please view our current opportunities to see if there is a civil/structural drafting and design job you want to apply for. You may also be interested in our civil/structural engineering job descriptions.
Civil/Structural Drafting & Design Jobs in Calgary
As with all roles at Vista, we employ civil/structural drafters and designers at multiple competency and experience levels. All civil/structural drafting & design jobs with Vista are in Calgary, Alberta, either at our head office or a nearby satellite office. These include:
- Civil/Structural Drafter
- Civil/Structural Designer
- Senior Civil/Structural Designer
- Lead Civil/Structural Designer
While there are certainly overlapping responsibilities, the expectations for each level are different. Following are the duties and experience expected for each level of civil structural engineer.
A Civil/Structural Drafter at Vista is expected to have experience:
- Drafting structural steel drawings, piling layouts/schedules, concrete layouts and building drawings
- Recording and filing stick files, forms and material take-offs (MTOs)
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD software
Vista expects a Civil/Structural Designer to:
- Generate 3D models based on engineers’ design sketches for steel structures, concrete structures and buildings. Create 2D drawings from reference of the 3D models
- Ensure all drawings and materials are in accordance with Vista and client specifications and standards
- Work with senior designers to complete design and drafting of moderately complex structural engineering, including steel structure design, concrete structure design, steel buildings, piling and foundation design, and related element designs
Senior Civil/Strucural Designer
The duties of a Senior Civil/Structural Designer at Vista include:
- Generating 3D models of complex systems based on the engineer’s design sketches for steel structures, concrete structures and buildings
- Creating 2D drawings from 3D models
- Preparing MTOs to support project capital cost estimates
- Assisting the lead designer with the preparation of man-hour estimates and other documentation required to support proposals
- Working with the Lead Designer to complete design of complex structural engineering including the design of steel structures, concrete structures, steel buildings, piling and foundations, and related elements
Lead Civil/Structural Designer
The duties of a Lead Civil/Structural Designer at Vista include:
- Generating 3D modeling specs and standard details
- Reviewing 3D models and 2D drawings based on engineers’ design sketches for steel structures, concrete structures and buildings
- Assisting in preparation of IFC drawings and compiling engineering work packages
- Preparing and reviewing the design and drafting of complex structural engineering including steel structures, concrete structures, steel buildings, piling and foundations, and related elements
- Preparing or assisting in the preparation of the MTOs and cost estimates for civil/structural bids and proposal work
Apply for Future Civil/Structural Drafting & Design Opportunities
For over 30 years, the success of our business has hinged on the quality of our people. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals who are also smart, humble, honest and hardworking. These qualities are part of life at a top employer. If working at Vista appeals to you, please use the button at the top of this page to apply for future civil/structural engineering opportunities.