Vista worked with its client to design an alkaline surfactant polymer (ASP) injection pilot facility for use in the client’s Bakken oil production zone in southern Saskatchewan. The project’s design specifications called for injection capacity of up to 800 m3/day of polymer. Vista conducted the pre-FEED, FEED and procurement for the project within specified timelines and budgets.
The ASP package was comprised of:
- two SNF skids and an alkaline silo, used to mix, blend and inject surfactant, alkaline (soda ash) and polymer
- a source-water treatment system for hardness removal
- tanks for raw water, soft water, surfactant and waste water
- source water pipeline from the source water well to the ASP facility
- four individual polymer injection pipelines from the ASP facility to four injection wells