In an increasingly challenging market beset by low commodity prices, oil and gas companies insist on lowering the costs of project execution.
Vista, a full-service engineering and procurement firm focused on Western Canada’s energy sector, has provided cost-effective engineering solutions to clients for over 30 years. Our approach is based on doing what is best for the long-term cost of the facility and focuses on integrating modern technology with project management innovations.
Examples of Vista’s recent cost reduction strategies include:
- Digital Project Execution – integrating a centralized web-based environment with all engineering disciplines, contractors and operations to streamline data and document communication, distribution and process review
- Fit-For-Purpose Specifications – eliminating excessive design and duty margins to enable the procurement of lower-cost equipment and materials
- Increased Modularization – maximizing the amount of fabrication and construction performed in the shop versus in the field
- Plot Plan Compression – reducing the physical size of the plant layout to minimize piping, racks and other material quantities
- Project Controls Optimization – mitigating cost and schedule risks through purpose-built project controls software
- Process Simplification – optimizing the interaction of production processes for maximum efficiency