Job Department : EIC Design and DraftingJob Location : Calgary, Alberta
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and Best Managed Companies, Vista Projects is a full-service engineering, procurement and project management company serving Western Canada’s oil sands and conventional oil and gas producers for over 30 years. Our continued growth comes from an experienced team of professionals who have an absolute commitment to providing our clients with exceptional service. We specialize in facility engineering design for thermal heavy oil (SAGD, CSS), enhanced oil recovery, and sustaining capital projects. Over the years, we have earned our reputation as a trusted leader in thermal energy projects, working on some of the most successful in-situ heavy oil projects in the oil sands.
Main Duties and Competencies
Reporting to lead designer, the senior designer will prepare complicated drawings and charts in a specialized field (piping, civil/structural or EIC). The senior designer will independently complete the design of different aspects of SAGD (and other oil and gas) projects from inception to completion. Duties will include:
- Preparing layouts, calculations and designs related to the most complicated elements
- of projects
- Designing and detailing complicated new components from previous designs based on engineering instructions, government and regulatory codes and client standards
- Producing drawings in a complicated field with minimum technical guidance
- Coordinating complicated work between field and office
- Assisting field forces during construction
- Assisting with engineering feasibility and cost studies
- Reporting progress of work assignments to immediate supervisor
- Checking the work and assisting in the training of less experienced drafting and design personnel
- Ensuring all drawings and materials are in accordance with Vista and client specifications and standards
- Making general recommendations on the utilization of new drafting/design techniques, normally within an area of specialization
- Analyzing design elements for potential trends, technical feasibility, client or contractual requirements
- Being able to meet safety requirements to attend site visits
- Experience with production of oil facility related drawing packages including SLDs, area classification drawings, electrical layouts, JB wiring diagrams, motor/VFD,schematics, cable schedules, EHT isometrics, etc.
- Extensive experience with demand load calculations, voltage drop calculations, cable tray fill calculations, etc. and the ability to thoroughly check others’ calculations
- Experience with the requisition of electrical equipment such as switch-gears, MCC, UPS, EHT panels, e-Houses, etc. is considered an asset
- Ability to interpret information from vendor electrical drawings, P&IDs, LDTs, isometrics etc., and visualize client requirements
- Performing other duties as requested
- At least eight (8) years of progressive experience in facilities engineering and design in the oil and gas industry
- Technical school certification / degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team including process, mechanical, civil/structural,
- electrical, instrumentation and piping
- Advanced computer skills and experience with major drafting and design software such as AutoCAD, CADWorx, SmartPlant, AutoPLANT and PDMS
- Extensive knowledge of applicable government regulations and regulatory codes
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) and proven ability to collaborate with team members in a multi-discipline environment
- Strong organizational skills, technical competence and attention to detail
- At least ten (10) years of experience in a designer capacity, ideally with a focus on thermal heavy oil
- Strong computer processing skills; competency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Focus on quality with an acute attention to detail
- Strong communication and influencing skills
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to work with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in the industry.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the most successful oil and gas projects in Western Canada;
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering;
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number;
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program;
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports;
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking;
- An organization that values and encourages diversity;
- Shareholder opportunities are a long-term potential for exceptional employees.
How To Apply
Note: As part of the interview process there will be a technical testing component which will take up to two hours and can be completed at home on your own timelines. Candidates may be required to complete a security clearance procedure prior to receiving an offer.
Last modification :12/16/2018