Job Department : Instrumentation and Controls EngineeringJob Location : Calgary, Alberta
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and Best Managed Companies, Vista Projects is a full-service engineering, procurement and project management company serving Western Canada’s oil sands and conventional oil and gas producers for over 30 years. Our continued growth comes from an experienced team of professionals who have an absolute commitment to providing our clients with exceptional service. We specialize in facility engineering design for thermal heavy oil (SAGD, CSS), enhanced oil recovery, and sustaining capital projects. Over the years, we have earned our reputation as a trusted leader in thermal energy projects, working on some of the most successful in-situ heavy oil projects in the oil sands.
Main Duties and Competencies
- Reporting to the discipline lead, the engineer will participate in the design of different aspects of oil and gas projects from inception to completion. Duties will include:
- Participating in design reviews and HAZOPs
- Prepare P&ID inputs and instrument indexes
- Create I/O count and assignments, instrument loop diagrams, instrument datasheets and sizing, instrument UPS load requirements list
- Perform sizing calculations for inline instruments
- Design DCS and CHRM Panels
- Participate in preparation of requisitions for instruments
- Prepare cable schedule inputs
- Prepare junction box termination drawings
- Performing other duties as requested
- Prepare control narrative, shutdown key and Alarm set points
- Input to 3D model and review instrument location drawings
- Review fiber optics termination drawings
- Four (4) to ten (10) years of progressive experience in facilities engineering and design in the oil and gas industry
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in engineering or applied science.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team including process, mechanical, civil-structural, electrical, instrumentation and piping engineers and designers
- P.Eng. registration with APEGA
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience as a fully qualified engineer, ideally with experience in thermal heavy oil
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to work with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in the industry.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the most successful oil and gas projects in Western Canada;
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering;
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number;
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program;
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports;
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking;
- An organization that values and encourages diversity;
- Shareholder opportunities are a long-term potential for exceptional employees.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter concisely demonstrating how your skills and experience align with our job posting.
Please note that during the interview process for this position, shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a test of their analytical skills; the test will take less than two hours.
Last modification :12/16/2018