Job Department : Electrical EngineeringJob Location : Calgary, Alberta
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and Best Managed Companies, Vista Projects is a full-service engineering, procurement and project management company serving Western Canada’s oil sands and conventional oil and gas producers for over 30 years. Our continued growth comes from an experienced team of professionals who have an absolute commitment to providing our clients with exceptional service. We specialize in facility engineering design for thermal heavy oil (SAGD, CSS), enhanced oil recovery, and sustaining capital projects. Over the years, we have earned our reputation as a trusted leader in thermal energy projects, working on some of the most successful in-situ heavy oil projects in the oil sands.
Main Duties and Competencies
Reporting to the discipline lead, the engineer will participate in the design of different aspects of oil and gas projects from inception to completion. Duties will include:
- Developing the process design for a project or proposal consisting of a normal process unit
- Providing comprehensive design services by establishing design criteria and preparing of specifications, design computations, drawings, models and bills of material in accordance with basic project requirements
- Participating in the design of component parts and individual units, exercising cost control, reviewing and monitoring designs for conformance with control estimates and project specifications
- Reviewing vendor or subcontractor quotations, drawings and specifications for technical adequacy and conformance with project requirements
- Reviewing and maintaining project schedules, engineering tasks and deliverables in conjunction with project management
- Providing technical guidance to junior staff
- Participating in design reviews and HAZOPs
- Preparing or assisting in the preparation of discipline inputs for cost estimates for proposals
- Applying advanced engineering techniques and analyses to solving engineering tasks
- Being able to meet safety requirements to attend site visits
- Strong working knowledge of oil facility related drawings including SLDs, area
classification, electrical layouts, JB wiring diagrams, motor and VFD schematics, cable schedules and EHT isometrics
- Working knowledge of the preparation of demand load calculations, voltage drop calculations and cable tray fill calculations.
- Working knowledge of ETAP or SKM electrical engineering software
- Familiarity with CEC and international codes, standards and approved codes of practice
- Performing other duties as requested
- Four (4) to ten (10) years of progressive experience in facilities engineering and design in the oil and gas industry
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in engineering or applied science.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team including process, mechanical, civil-structural, electrical, instrumentation and piping engineers and designers
- P.Eng. registration with APEGA
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience as a fully qualified engineer, ideally with experience in thermal heavy oil
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to work with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in the industry.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the most successful oil and gas projects in Western Canada;
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering;
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number;
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program;
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports;
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking;
- An organization that values and encourages diversity;
- Shareholder opportunities are a long-term potential for exceptional employees.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter concisely demonstrating how your skills and experience align with our job posting.
Please note that during the interview process for this position, shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a test of their analytical skills; the test will take less than two hours.
Last modification :12/16/2018