Job Title: Software Applications Developer Job Department: EDSJob Location: Calgary, Alberta
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and Best Managed Companies, Vista Projects is a fully-integrated engineering, procurement, and project management company serving North American energy producers for more than 30 years. Our continued growth comes from our experienced team of professionals who have an absolute commitment to providing our clients with exceptional quality.
Guided by our focus on technology, we are the leader in digital project execution and employ a data-centric approach in everything we do. Both our people and our clients enjoy the benefits of data-centric architecture because it increases collaboration, optimizes processes, and leads to higher-quality engineering design.
These benefits apply across several energy markets, from biofuels and petrochemicals to gas processing and midstream infrastructure. Working with Vista is a chance to contribute to the types of challenging infrastructure projects that the world requires. Over the years, we have earned our reputation as a trusted industrial engineering leader, working on some of the most successful facility projects in the Canadian energy sector.
Main Duties and Competencies
The Software Applications Developer will be responsible for day-to-day software application support. As a key member of the projects team, this position will work closely with the business to understand and support its needs.
Key duties include:
- Performing enhancements to existing systems
- Monitoring automated tests and processes, taking corrective action where appropriate
- Evaluating new versions of commercial software and updating integrations for compatibility
- Fixing defects and provide recommendations on how to improve design going forward
- Troubleshooting issues with third-party systems and integration components
- Providing recommendations on products
- Keeping abreast of technological and software developments affecting the application
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (management information systems, computer science, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal)
- Team player, positive attitude, always willing to accept new challenges
- Experience inWeb Development (IIS), .Net, and SQL
- Exposure to SSIS & ETL and Power BI
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job: it is a chance to work with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in the energy industry.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced, and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the most successful energy projects in Canada
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team with established leadership in innovative engineering
- A strong, value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, in which you and your family feel like a part of our organization and not just an employee number
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked, variable pay program
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports opportunities
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays, and free parking
- An organization that values and encourages diversity
- Shareholder opportunities are a potential for exceptional, long-term employees
How To Apply
Note: As part of the interview process there will be a technical testing component which will take up to two hours and can be completed at home on your own timelines. Candidates may be required to complete a security clearance procedure prior to receiving an offer.
Last modification :07/18/2019