Job Title: Receptionist – Maternity Leave Job Department: Corporate ServicesJob Location: Calgary, Alberta
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and Best Managed Companies, Vista Projects is a fully-integrated engineering, procurement, and project management company serving North American energy producers for more than 30 years. Our continued growth comes from our experienced team of professionals who have an absolute commitment to providing our clients with exceptional quality.
Guided by our focus on technology, we are the leader in digital project execution and employ a data-centric approach in everything we do. Both our people and our clients enjoy the benefits of data-centric architecture because it increases collaboration, optimizes processes, and leads to higher-quality engineering design.
These benefits apply across several energy markets, from biofuels and petrochemicals to gas processing and midstream infrastructure. Working with Vista is a chance to contribute to the types of challenging infrastructure projects that the world requires. Over the years, we have earned our reputation as a trusted industrial engineering leader, working on some of the most successful facility projects in the Canadian energy sector.
Main Duties and Competencies
This is a maternity cover position. Reporting to the Facilities lead, the Receptionist will serve as the first point of contact for visitors to Vista’s office and will provide general administrative support to Vista personnel. Key duties include:
- Providing reception coverage, including greeting clients and visitors
- Answering a multi-line phone system
- Managing couriers
- Sending out internal communications
- Updating internal documents
- Coordinating events
- Organizing office space, supplies, and kitchen snacks
- Managing access card provision
- Ensuring compliance with Vista’s Access / Security policies
- Providing administrative support as required
- Performing other duties as requested
- High school diploma
- Two (2) years' experience in a receptionist, administrative assistant, or sales role
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated customer service focus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Efficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Able to work Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 5:30 pm and Friday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Undergraduate degree in a business field (management, human resources, economics, finance)
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to work with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in the industry.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the most successful oil and gas projects in Western Canada;
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering;
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number;
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program;
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports;
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking;
- An organization that values and encourages diversity;
- Shareholder opportunities are a long-term potential for exceptional employees.
How To Apply
Note: As part of the interview process there will be a technical testing component which will take up to two hours and can be completed at home on your own timelines. Candidates may be required to complete a security clearance procedure prior to receiving an offer.
Last modification :07/18/2019